Wild Dispensary’s Fire Cider is a spicy, pungent, immune boosting, apple cider vinegar-based tonic. It has a kick!
Our Fire Cider is inspired by Rosemary Gladstar’s 1970s recipe which she adapted from an old European gypsy formula. To add an Aotearoa/New Zealand signature we have infused our Fire Cider recipe with wild-crafted New Zealand medicinal herbs. Fire Cider is a powerful, enlivening tonic which can be used to help promote healthy gut bacteria - a natural probiotic. What makes Fire Cider so effective?
- Horseradish - the star of the tonic. Traditionally used for its antibacterial properties
- Cayenne pepper -adds heat and accelerates your metabolism
- Ginger -traditionally used to aid digestion and provide warmth
- Turmeric - well-known as an anti-inflammatory
- Garlic, onion, thyme, rosemary, oregano, parsley and bay leaves – all traditionally used as antioxidants
- Usnea - traditionally used for upper respiratory and lung infection
- Kawakawa - traditionally used by Māori to support the body when under stress
raw organic apple cider vinegar with the Mother, organic horseradish, fresh root ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, usnea, thyme, rose hips, rosemary, oregano, parsley, wild apple, carrot, white pepper, Marlborough sea salt, mustard seeds, bay leaves, kawakawa leaves, fresh organic orange, Dunedin honey
Dilute 5ml (child) or up to 10ml (adult) with hot or cold water.
For the brave, take neat as a ‘wellness shot’
Let thy food be thy medicine and add to salads, roast vegetables or steamed greens.
If unwell increase to 5 ml – 10 ml every 3-4 hours.