COVID-19 Updates for Brydone Wholefoods & Online Orders
This is where you'll find regular updates with how we're looking after you, and our store. As a business, we’ll continue to evaluate and respond to keep you informed and safe.
Thank you for your patience and kindness during Covid-19 Alert Level 4. As you will be aware, we transition into Level 3 from 28th April and our Brydone Wholefoods store will remain open. Our top priority is to continue to keep our staff and customers safe and healthy.
The next time you visit our store you may see some Contact Tracing measures – Staff may ask you please fill out a ‘Contact & Trace’ form, or alternatively, you can register on your personal mobile device online at www.guesthq.co.nz
Our other safety procedures remain the same as what they were at Level 4. Here they are as a reminder:
Please do not enter our store if you are unwell or have been in contact with anyone who is showing symptoms of being unwell! If staff notice any coughing or signs of sickness you will be asked to leave.
1. Please shop as you normally would, this helps everyone get their essential items and allows our team to keep our shelves stocked. Regular deliveries of fresh fruit, vegetables, and essential grocery items continue to arrive every week.
2. With online orders we kindly ask for your patience as we try to fulfill everyone's orders. To help us, please place orders in advance, and leave a message in the comments if you are happy for substitute items if we are sold out of what you have ordered. Please put in the notes section if it's not urgent and specify a day that you would like it delivered if you can wait. Please know our delivery team is working hard to get your goodies to you!
We encourage you to order online or via phone (03 4346744) to limit the time you need to be in the shop. We can then either do free local delivery or have it ready for those that select the pick up and pay option. For local pick ups, if you are able to order and pay online then you don’t have to come into the shop at all, as we can put it in a crate on our landing in the carpark area, where you can then transfer into your own bags (with so many deliveries we are fast running out of boxes!). If you do need to come inside and pay, it will be a quick payment (via card- we now have paywave too!) so only a small amount of time needs to be spent in the shop.
We highly encourage these options for our at-risk demographic of elderly or immune-compromised customers. If you are making an online order, please indicate in the notes section at the checkout if you have any special requirements, and your preference to receive your goods. We will try our best to help.
3. Help us keep you, and our staff members safe during this time by adhering to our hygiene notices set in place throughout our store, practice safe distancing, and where possible shop without your little ones. Ideally only one customer per household should enter the store.
4. Please remember to wash your hands with soap at home before coming in store, and washing them when you get home. We do have a basin in the shop if you would like to do this again before you start your shopping. Hand sanitiser is available throughout our store but we may experience a shortage in the coming weeks. In the meantime, please make sure you disinfect your hands as you enter and exit our shop. Trolleys, shopping baskets, tills, eftpos terminals and benches are all sanitised throughout the day by our staff.
5. Our Coffee Lounge remains closed under Level 3. Coffee and some pre prepared food may be available for takeaway.
6. To help ensure the safety of our customers and staff, we are enforcing cashless payments so please only use credit or debit cards when paying for your goods. We now also have Paywave to further enhance safety.
For information regarding online shipping click here.
Important Online order Updates
Update regarding Lakeline Freight
Lakeline Freight will be operating under Level 3. This means that this shipping option is back for our Waitaki Valley customers. Stan travels through to Twizel. Orders must be in by 9am Tuesday for a Wednesday delivery.
Update regarding Online Orders 4th April- Easter Delivery
Just a friendly reminder it is a short week coming up with Good Friday! Therefore if you are intending to place an order and live out of town please get this in as soon as possible, but no later than midday Tuesday to ensure it gets to you safely. The same will apply the following week with the short week due to Easter Monday.
For those who are rural, and also to our lovely Waitaki Valley regulars, there can be delays especially as we don't have Lakeline Freight running at the moment. If you are able to pick up from the depot please let us know in the ''notes" section of your order which will ensure your parcel gets to you as quick as possible.
Update regarding Online Orders 3rd April
Please bear with us. We are going as fast as we can to keep up with demand. Please expect orders to take 3 days to process. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Update regarding Online Orders 2rd April
- Eggs are ordered at your own risk if you live out of town. While we take care to package these safely for transit and have full faith in our trusted courier service, once they leave our store we can only assume the package has been handled gently!
- We have had some orders for a $70 Fruit & Vege Box that have also ordered other products. Our large Fruit & Vege Box takes up a lot of space and with the high volume of orders we have been doing we are fast running out of large sized boxes. We are looking into other packaging options, but in the meantime if you would like to order extras on top of the $70 box you will need to pay extra shipping.
- If you live out of town please try and get your order in before Thursday Lunchtime. Any out of town orders received after this will not be sent until Monday.
- If you have any special requirements about your order please put this in the 'notes' section when you order online rather than sending a separate email to our inbox. This helps us keep all the relevant information regarding your order in the one place.
Update regarding Online Orders 30th March
We have been inundated with orders which is great! But it means we are waiting on stock to replenish our shelves. At the moment for any new orders placed we ask you only order Fresh Produce, Fruit & Vege Boxes, Flour, Yeast, Milk, Bread and Eggs while we wait for stock to arrive.
Orders that contain any other products that are not listed above will not be sent until stock has arrived. We will let you know once our other stock has arrived!
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
We appreciate your kindness, patience, and understanding during this time.