COVID-19 Updates for Brydone Wholefoods & Online Orders
This is where you'll find regular updates with how we're looking after you, and our store. As a business, we’ll continue to evaluate and respond to keep you informed and safe.
Our Brydone Wholefoods store and online shop will remain open during the Level 4 Lockdown Period because we are classified as an 'essential service'. Our store hours will change slightly during this time to Monday-Friday 9am-4.30pm and we will not open at all in the weekend.
Please do not enter our store if you are unwell or have been in contact with anyone who is showing symptoms of being unwell! If staff notice any coughing or signs of sickness you will be asked to leave.
1. Please shop as you normally would, this helps everyone get their essential items and allows our team to keep our shelves stocked. Regular deliveries of fresh fruit, vegetables, and essential grocery items continue to arrive every week.
2. With online orders we kindly ask for your patience as we try to fulfill everyone's orders. To help us, please place orders in advance, and leave a message in the comments if you are happy for substitute items if we are sold out of what you have ordered. Please put in the notes section if it's not urgent and specify a day that you would like it delivered if you can wait. Please know our delivery team is working hard to get your goodies to you!
We encourage you to order online or via phone (03 4346744) to limit the time you need to be in the shop. We can then either do free local delivery or have it ready for those that select the pick up and pay option. For local pick ups, if you are able to order and pay online then you don’t have to come into the shop at all, as we can put it in a crate on our landing in the carpark area, where you can then transfer into your own bags (with so many deliveries we are fast running out of boxes!). If you do need to come inside and pay, it will be a quick payment (via card- we now have paywave too!) so only a small amount of time needs to be spent in the shop.
We highly encourage these options for our at-risk demographic of elderly or immune-compromised customers. If you are making an online order, please indicate in the notes section at the checkout if you have any special requirements, and your preference to receive your goods. We will try our best to help.
3. Help us keep you, and our staff members safe during this time by adhering to our hygiene notices set in place throughout our store, practice safe distancing, and where possible shop without your little ones. Ideally only one customer per household should enter the store.
4. Please remember to wash your hands with soap at home before coming in store, and washing them when you get home. We do have a basin in the shop if you would like to do this again before you start your shopping. Hand sanitiser is available throughout our store but we may experience a shortage in the coming weeks. In the meantime, please make sure you disinfect your hands as you enter and exit our shop. Trolleys, shopping baskets, tills, eftpos terminals and benches are all sanitised throughout the day by our staff.
5. Our Coffee Lounge and kitchen will remain closed until further notice. This also means NO takeaway coffees.
6. At this time we are not applying restrictions on grocery items, but may need to in the coming weeks. Please shop as you normally would to avoid this from happening and creating unnecessary gaps.
7. To help ensure the safety of our customers and staff, we are enforcing cashless payments so please only use credit or debit cards when paying for your goods. We now also have Paywave to further enhance safety.
For information regarding online shipping click here. Please note that during the lockdown period the Lakeline freight option for Waitaki Valley customers will be unavailable.
Update regarding Online Orders 30th March
We have been inundated with orders which is great! But it means we are waiting on stock to replenish our shelves. At the moment for any new orders placed we ask you only order Fresh Produce, Fruit & Vege Boxes, Flour, Yeast, Milk, Bread and Eggs while we wait for stock to arrive.
Orders that contain any other products that are not listed above will not be sent until stock has arrived. We will let you know once our other stock has arrived!
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
We appreciate your kindness, patience, and understanding during this time.