Lemon Curd Tarts
Sari one of our lovely staff members has been experimenting in the kitchen and made these gorgeous Lemon Curd Tarts!
We thought you'd enjoy the recipe so she has shared it with us for you to try at home! They are both gluten free and dairy free so a great wee treat for those with food allergies or intolerance's.
- 1/2 C deodorised coconut oil
- 1 C desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 C roasted almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C water
- 6 free range eggs
- 1/2 C honey
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice from the lemons (will hopefully give you 3/4 C)
- 1/2 C desiccated coconut
- raspberries (or anything!) for garnish
For the base:
- Melt coconut oil on a low heat, seat aside
- Blend your almonds in a food processor to a ice fine, crumbly texture.
- Add desiccated coconut, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and water
- Line a cupcake tray with baking paper and spoon mixture into cups.
- With fingers gently press mixture firmly to the base and sides of the baking paper cups.
- Put in freezer
For the filling:
- Whisk the eggs, in another bowl add honey, lemon juice and zest and coconut.
- Heat and stir the mixture over a saucepan on a medium temperature until it becomes thick.
- Remove from heat. Cool for a little and then spoon into base cups
- Gently squish a raspberry (or whatever you are using as a garnish) on top!