Buckwheat and Blueberry Porridge
If you enjoy smoothies, chia puddings and a good old bowl of porridge then this will work for you! This buckwheat and blueberry porridge is so easy to make and tastes great!
The blended banana, almond milk and blueberries make it nice and creamy and sweet, as well as giving a smooth texture that is chunky enough to leave you feeling satisfied.
Another added bonus about this recipe is that you can make it the night before and leave it in your fridge to take with you in the morning. So if you’re in a rush, you won't have to feel guilty about skipping breakfast. You will be able to eat a delicious healthy breakfast that will set you off to a good start to your day!
- 2/3 of a cup of buckwheat soaked in 1 cup of water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 a cup of blueberries
- 1/4 of a cup of almond milk, any other non-dairy milk is great though if you don’t have almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
Optional: 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
1. Leave buckwheat in a bowl of water and leave to soak overnight.
2. Once you’re ready to make your porridge, use a sieve to drain the water from the buckwheat and rinse it well, it will be a bit gooey so rinse until the water coming out from your sieve is clear.
3. Place two thirds of your buckwheat in a blender with the almond milk, chia seeds, banana, blueberries, almond butter and honey/maple syrup (if you’re ￼using it).
4. Blend for a minute or so until it’s creamy but not totally smooth. Place it into a bowl and stir in the remaining third of the buckwheat. Then serve and enjoy!
To serve, feel free to garnish with things such as granola, fresh berries, nuts, seeds, coconut, goji berries and cacao nibs.