A condiment with an intense Lime flavour. Dollop through cream for a quick addition to any dessert or mix through natural yoghurt at breakfast. Serve as a delicious dip for fruit and/or on toast.
Lime Curd - Tips for Use
- Mix SAL Lime Curd & SAL Lime & Passionfruit Crush together & serve over baked or grilled peaches, with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream on the side.
- Make a cream of ricotta cheese & SAL Lime Curd & dollop over fresh or baked fruit.
- Blend fresh raspberries with SAL Lime Curd & serve with amaretti biscuits on the side.
- Put teaspoons of SAL Lime Curd into ready prepared sweet pastry cases and sift over with icing sugar or top with whipped cream. Place pastry cases on a plate - an ideal easy dessert mouthful or use it as ‘take a plate’.
- Poach pears for 20 minutes, remove from liquid, drain and place in the middle of a flat dessert plate. Prior to this freeze Lime Curd for 18-20 hours. (It won’t go solid but will make a perfect gelato). Scoop out small balls & place beside pears on a serving plate – serve with yoghurt or cream.